A year taken month by month, a month taken day by day, and days taken by the hour. Break that down into minutes, seconds…
I’m told (I’ve been told) that’s the secret to getting by. I’ve tried it.
Yesterday now is tomorrow; September was five minutes; it’s already Christmas. I was never a child; dinosaurs roam the earth!
10 seconds or a year, it doesn’t matter. Does it?
Just got to get through, and on to the next thing.
Whenever that is.
Like it matters.
Hello October, you big beautiful beast of a month!
Here you are at last, and again.
It’s been too long.
Too many days not October, too many days of rain or snow or sun.
Too many days in waiting: the anticipation, the despair. No more.
Some October Facts:
– October is gourd month. Did you know that? Don’t you know that? There are gourds galore everywhere, right now, and here you are just sitting there.
– Thanksgiving is in October, in Canada. But always a week earlier than seemingly expected. How does that happen? October magic.
– Halloween, the 31st, culminates October. No other holidays do that. December 31st, after all, is a more an ending of one day and a year (one particular episode among so many others) only to begin another. October’s end is October’s and October’s alone.
October does not drag.
October does not blink.
October is a harbinger.
For whom? Of what?
That is for October to know and decide.
Just remember that I told you so.
– Civility will not save you.
– Riddle me thus!
– The irreparable future.
– (Sometimes the fight picks you.)
– Who? vs. Who Dares?
– Now is a long time.
– Wonder about the premise?
– (Well, yeah.)
– Whose: responsibility, choice, mans is this?
– Everyday, just so many heartbeats.
– Parts beyond wazoo?
– Who You Are vs. Who You Are Right Now.
– So many wrong words until the right ones.
– (If ever.)
– Someone to love vs. Something to behold.
– Oh! The inhumanity.
– Remember the punchline.